Friday, July 20, 2012

Starting Monday...


I'm already losing momentum. Last week was horrible (as proven by my gain this week) and this week isn't shaping up to be much better. I have a serious case of the insatiable munchies every night and, having no food in the house, I'm making poor choices to deal with it. For the past 2 days in a row I've been good all day only to binge on crap at night. I really need to get some healthy snacks in the house again. 

One of my friends posted one of those funny cards on Facebook the other day and it made me chuckle because of how true it's been for me in the past:


In the past (and, if I'm being honest, still- to some extent) one false move would lead to an entire day or week of just eating whatever I want. I figured I'd get it out of my system and then start fresh the next week. Monday is always time to start anew after the weekend gorging. Unfortunately, this would happen every week. I'd be on my best behavior Mondays and Tuesdays- then Wednesday would hit and it would be all downhill Even on weight watchers, I have yet to meet someone who chooses to weigh in on a Sunday or Monday. The thought process goes something like, "If I weigh in on Fridays I have the entire week to make up for it and I can still see a loss!"  There is some truth to that- but imagine what the loss could be like if there wasn't a huge fat fest on the weekends. If every day was a weekday and there wasn't so much temptation around I'd probably be halfway to goal right now.  

I really need to buckle down and start focusing on my goal. There is no reason I can't have a loss every week. I also want to start working on my "mini goals," the first one being to stop drinking so much soda. So, this coming week I'm going to only allow myself one or two sodas a day, one in the morning and maybe another after I've had at least 8 glasses of water- starting Monday, of course ::wink, wink:: ;-)

I plan on going to buy some healthy snacks this weekend. Please share your favorite low point/calorie thing to munch on while relaxing at night!

Thank you to Stephanie for hosting Project 10 and thanks for reading! 



5 comments:

  1. I swear by popcorn. I pop a bag of Pop Secret 94%fat free, measure out my 5 cup serving (I measure all my food. It was a pain at first, but it's habit now) and give Dan the rest. 5 cups is a lot, so I can munch for awhile, and it's filling! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to munch after supper. Occasionally I'll have a handful of chocolate chips. For me munching leads to binging so I try not to go there. Instead I have a 20 oz water bottle next to me on the table (after supper is when I do most of my blogging). Anytime the urge to eat hits, I chug some water. Makes me have to pee like crazy because I usually go through 2-3 bottles before going to bed. But, it's calorie free and my body likes the water. :)

    By the way, you can do this! Focus on one goal for the next week. Maybe drinking 1 soda a day and 8 glasses of water. Or walking 30 minutes after supper. The mini goals will add up over time and create new, healthy habits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water at night is a great idea- instead of chewing I'll sip! I'm going to try that out.

      Delete
  3. I love that quote up there - that exactly how I rationalize every week! A great low calorie snack is kale chips (there's a recipe on my blog) but you basically just rip up curly kale leaves, spray them with cooking spray, season with salt, and bake them in a single layer at 325 degrees for about 10 minutes.Low calorie and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made kale chips a few weeks ago- they were yummy. Even my 2 year old liked them!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing with me!