Friday, July 6, 2012

Monday's Review--On Friday (Oops...)

If you read my post from Monday, you probably figured out that I had a rough night. I never got around to writing my review, and I'm SO sorry because it is a GOOD one!

As soon as I saw this recipe on Joy the Baker's blog, I knew I had to try it. I made it last Friday evening to bring to a concert at the beach. It as A-Maze-Ing!! It works out to 5 points plus for a 1 cup serving. I think I'm going to quadruple the recipe and serve it as a side at my daughter's Christening celebration later this month.

I strongly urge you to try it ASAP!

BLT Corn Salad Wraps

(Slightly adapted from Joy the Baker)

3 ears of fresh corn, shucked and cleaned
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
4 or 5 chopped green onions
1 avocado, diced
3 sliced crisp cooked bacon, diced
juice of 1 lime
about 1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
about a teaspoon each of chili powder and smoked paprika
1 small jalapeno, finely chopped (seeds removed if you don't like some heat!)
butter lettuce leaves
Either fire up the grill or turn your gas stove burners on high. Place the corn directly on the grill or burners and char- I used the stove and turned the ears every few minutes. 
Once the corn is charred on all sides, cut the kernels off the cob into a medium-large bowl. 
Crumble the well-done bacon into the bowl and add the tomatoes, green onions, avocado and jalapeno. Squeeze the lime juice over everything and add seasonings. Drizzle olive oil and stir to combine everything together.
Separate lettuce leaves, clean and dry each one. Scoop a few tablespoons of salad into each leaf and fold it up. Enjoy!
When I make this for the Christening I'm going to serve some chips alongside so people can use it as a corn salsa too! 
I give this recipe 5 stars!!!! Yummmmmmmy!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!