Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Taking the plunge, helpful websites and craving busters

I decided I need more accountability and structure- so I took the plunge, spent the $60 and joined Weight Watchers Online for 3 months. So far, I'm doing much better than I was on my own. My first weigh in is tomorrow- although I've been weighing myself almost every day and I know I've lost a few pounds.

The thing I love about weight watchers is that I haven't felt deprived at all. I've found ways to satisfy my cravings in healthier ways and I'll share some of my favorites here as I find more!

I also want to share some websites I've been using for WW (weight watchers) friendly recipes and ideas. The following are the ones I've found extremely helpful.

Danica's Daily- The best thing about Danica's site is that she is a woman who lives life like many of us do- she has a job (other than blogging) and eats out fairly often. I love that she goes to some of the same places I like to go to and blogs about what she orders and the points they contain. I've gotten some great ideas from her blog- including the Dirty Coconut Iced Coffee from Starbucks!

Skinny Taste- I've tried several of Gina's recipes already and they've all been great. I love that many of them are budget friendly and mimic my favorite comfort foods. Most are really quick to prepare as well!

LaaLoosh- Another great recipe site with some really yummy creations! The recipe I'm sharing tomorrow is from her blog.

Here are my craving busters of the week:

Salty:

Special K Cracker Chips - these come in 4 different flavors- Sea Salt, Cheddar, Sour Cream and Onion and Southwest Ranch. You get a VERY generous portion (27 chips!) for only 3 points +. My favorite so far is the Southwest Ranch flavor- they taste like barbecue potato chips!

Sweet:

I'm an ice cream fiend. I love it, I can't live without it. I've found the perfect, portion controlled option in the  McDonald's Reduced Fat Vanilla Cone. The best part? It's on the Dollar Menu!!!

**Note: I have not been compensated in any way for suggesting these products. If McDonald's or Special K would like to give me some free stuff- I'll gladly take it ::wink wink::**

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!