Friday, October 5, 2012

2nd Weigh in and Visual Goals

I can't believe I haven't blogged in a week!! I feel like time flew by and I never had a time for anything- but really, I didn't even do much.

Last weekend was kind of rough. I didn't track anything, but I didn't go too crazy either. Even though I was diligent with tracking all week, I didn't get in much exercise. It didn't come as too much of a surprise when I weighed in this morning and had lost 1.8 lbs. I was hoping for at least 2, but I'll take it! I need to be more conscious of tracking everything tonight and tomorrow. Sunday is my day off!

I started Zumba this past Wednesday and it was a lot of fun!! I remember it being much easier to do before I had Hannah (and even easier before I had Brooke!) but I made it through the class fairly comfortably. I observed something interesting while I was there. The woman next to me in class was very pretty and had a perfect body (although, I'm fairly certain her boobs were fake :-D ). I sort of inwardly cringed when she stood next to me. I was already feeling self conscious and standing next to Malibu Barbie wasn't going to do much to help my self esteem. Surprisingly, when the music started and we all started to dance- this girl had NO rhythm!! It was comical really. Then, she needed to stop and rest after only a few minutes. She couldn't really do any of the steps and continually knocked into people. I give her major props because she was having fun and didn't seem at all embarrassed (not that she should have been- I just know I would've)! It just goes to show you though- skinny does not equal fit! Skinny does not equal coordination! It made me feel slightly better ;-)

I've started trying to visualize where I want to be weight wise. Every December the company I work for has a holiday party at a catering hall . The last 3 years have pretty much sucked in the way of wardrobe. 3 years ago I was 7 months pregnant with Brooke, the following year I was still fat after having her and last year I didn't even go (since I had Hannah only a few weeks earlier).

This year I'm determined to be able to wear something cute. I've already started looking and saving things to a board on Pinterest (Skinny Clothes) here are a few I've found so far:



ASOS

ASOS


BCBG from Blue Fly


Sue Wong at Blue Fly


How amazing is the back?!!


I realize that wearing any of these dresses is kind of a lofty goal- but I'm hoping to be able to do something LIKE them! Even if I need to wear a little jacket or something!

What do you think? Do you have a list of clothes you aspire to wear?

Thanks for reading!!

PS: Head on over to Danica's Daily  to enter the Yoplait Greek Yogurt Giveaway!! 

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!! Great job on the loss. This is the only thing i enjoy losing at. lol! i just lost another pound. slowly but surely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue dress from BCBG!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dresses! And fantastic loss!

    I love being intimidated at others at the gym & then I find out that I'm fitter than them! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!