Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Why does it hurt?!

I'm happy to say that Day 1 went great! I'm most proud of the fact that when I was stressed out and mad at Hubby last night, and all I wanted to do was dive into the bag of chips in the pantry, I went on-line and signed up for Zumba instead  :-D . Of course, spending $70 I don't have isn't all that much better than eating my stress, but at least some good will come out of it.

After dinner and putting the girls to bed I went out and met a few friends for a nice long walk. We walked for about an hour and I enjoyed every minute of the fresh air, adult conversation and lack of whining (mostly- I did do some whining about my evening  ;-) ). Unfortunately, I woke up with the baby last night and my left leg was aching badly and my feet hurt this morning. It won't stop me from walking again tonight, but I'm definitely going to make an appointment for a physical. I haven't had one in years, and I should really discuss my weight loss goals and exercise plans with someone. I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I just don't understand how something as simple as walking can cause so many aches and pains. It's annoying.

I want to put out a call for suggestions on what to do with lean ground beef or turkey. It's very wallet friendly, but I feel like all the ways I know how to make it are high calorie. 

Please share your favorite recipes!

Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. It's so discouraging to wake up feeling achy after a physical activity, but you're in such a great spirit - you can really "hear" the change! I love that you're getting a physical too! So important! Keep up the activity. Start out every other day to give yourself a rest day in between, then gradually increase as your body takes the additional activity.

    I haven't done a review yet for it, but I'm head over heels in love with the turkey stuffed peppers from Skinnytaste. They're sooo good and have become a staple in our menus! And of course she has tons of recipes with ground turkey & beef, but that one stuck out in my head for me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made these for my daughter this past week and they were awesome. We are them for dinner last night since they smelled so yummy. Plus lots of veggie action. I think this is the only way I will make turkey meatloaf from now on. Portion controlled and delicious!
    http://weelicious.com/2008/06/09/cheesy-turkey-meatloaf-bites/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!