Friday, September 28, 2012

Bakin' Friends!


It's time for this month's installment of  Bakin' Friends  (a baking swap hosted by Stephanie of Steph's Bite by Bite. Each month will feature a new "secret ingredient" and different participant match ups.)

This month the secret ingredient was cinnamon- yum! What better way to usher in the fall season than with a fragrant cinnamon treat?!

This month my Bakin' Friend was Kathleen author of the delicious blog Sweetness Hunter. Check her out for some recipes to satisfy that sweet tooth!

Kathleen sent me Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies- which I have actually made before, but I liked her's better. Maybe that's because I didn't have to do the work ;-) Things always taste better when someone else makes them!

The BEST part about these cookies is that they were waiting for me when I came home from vacation. After a loooong day of traveling with 4 kids (my 2 and my nieces) and some cranky adults (ahem...my husband...ahem), these little caramel stuffed pillows were exactly what I needed.

The only way to eat these, in my humble opinion, is to stick 'em in the microwave for 10 seconds. This gets the caramel all gooey again.

Kathleen packaged these up so adorably- check out those stickers! How perfect!!






Check out the yummy, gooey caramel in these, I wish I had saved some for a rainy day!




Kathleen, thank you so much for these! 

If you are interested in joining our Bakin' Friends group, contact our leader Stephanie!

Thanks for reading!

PS-- I totally forgot to mention that I baked for someone who doesn't blog! I didn't take pictures, but the Nutella Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Muffins I made were yummy (and totally NOT healthy!!!). You can check out the recipe at Sally's Baking Addiction. (Photo is her's- mine were a lot bigger, lol)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!