Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly- Weekend Review

I meant to post this yesterday- but things were crazy all day and once I settled in for the night, I didn't want to deal with posting from the iPad. So, better late than never, right?!

The Good:

Due to the GORGEOUS weather we had this weekend on Long Island, I was able to spend most of the day outdoors. I took the kids for a long walk Friday evening and played in the park. Saturday we went to 3 more parks (we sure love parks!) and Sunday we went for a walk with the dog and flew a kite. It was a great weekend.

The Bad:

Due to our lack of food in the house, most of our meals were eaten out.

The Ugly:

Friday was McDonald's, Saturday was Outback and Sunday was Subway and leftovers from Outback.

I have to say that my choices for WHERE to eat weren't the best (except for Subway), but WHAT I chose to eat was even worse. McDonald's wasn't too bad. Small fries (I can easily finish off a large and still pick on my daughter's leftovers) and a chicken sandwich- hold the mayo- off the dollar menu. Outback was a disaster. I had barely eaten a thing all day, we had to wait after being told we could be seated right away and the kids were taking turns screaming (they are usually very well behaved, I swear!). We were given free appetizers and I had no trouble diving into a bloomin onion and wings. Then I ordered a salad. Probably the worst thing on the menu- with fried chicken, eggs, bacon, cheese and honey mustard dressing. Ugh- my stomach hated me that night.

Sunday's lunch at Subway wasn't too bad. Subway is my new go-to place for a fast healthy-ish lunch. A 6" ham on wheat with mustard, lettuce, tomato, jalapenos and banana peppers comes in at 7points+. Add a bag of Lays for a 10 point + lunch.

Now that I finally have some cash in the bank- I'm going food shopping for some healthy staples and ingredients so I can make meals at home. I'll be checking in with some recipes this week!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing with me!