Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Helloooo...Remember Me?

I know, I know....I've been a bad blogger. Since hurricane Sandy hit, I've been barely keeping it together. My sister-in-law and her family moved in with us since their apartment was destroyed. So that means we have 3 children under 3, 2 dogs (1 big and 1 small) and 4 adults living in the house. It's been crazy to say the least.

I totally fell off the wagon I was already only precariously holding onto before the Hurricane and holidays. My brother in law has a penchant for bringing home Entemanns cakes and Dunkin' Donuts. My sister in law cooks the way my husband likes- high calorie, high fat, high carb. I appreciate all the help- she cooks and cleans while I'm at work- but my health is definitely suffering.

Now that the holidays are over and we've rung in the new year I have 1 major resolution- to TRACK on My Fitness Pal. Track every day- whether I've eaten well or not. Just to get in the habit of tracking. So far I've done well. I just need to keep it up!

Once my extended family moves out I hope to start doing some home workouts from Mag Rack and Youtube. Right now there's just no room!

I hope you all had a fun and healthy holiday season! I'm going to try and blog at least 2x a week this year- so I'll be back soon!

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! Sandy threw me for a loop, but I didn't have all that you have going on. It's wonderful that you've taken in family. I hope they can recover from their loss.

    You're doing the best thing right now - taking it one step at a time. Get the tracking under control, then tackle the next thing. This way it's not so overwhelming.

    Baby steps are the only thing that's keeping me going this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Sandy threw me for a loop, but I didn't have all that you have going on. It's wonderful that you've taken in family. I hope they can recover from their loss.

    You're doing the best thing right now - taking it one step at a time. Get the tracking under control, then tackle the next thing. This way it's not so overwhelming.

    Baby steps are the only thing that's keeping me going this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up girl. I have been a bad blogger too and a bad fitness pal tracker. I need to get up and get on it. super bad working out. only thing i have kept up is my eating thank goodness. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria Witchey-BoyeJanuary 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM

    SJust popping in to see how you are doing. Sorry mama, you'll get there!!! Sandy threw EVERYONE for a loop. In a crisis, its easy to turn to comfort food. And stop thinking of your getting fit as a PROBABILITY and make it a POSSIBILITY. You can totally do it. I am going to make some cray cray recommendations for you. The first is Kris Carr "Crazy Sexy Diet" I DETEST anything with the word diet in it but it is more like a lifestyle that you can cherrypick. Its holistic, talks about alkaline versus acidic foods, has a whole new persepctive on lifestyle. Me, I went extreme and went back to being vegan and going gluten free, but you dont have to do that, like I said, she lets you cherry pick, she is cool with you havng a steak if thats what yu crave Its my bible and I adore it! She's great! Also, Tony Robbins (Unleash the Giant or Awaken the Giant within or 7 days to change) CDS are all great. I known, he is a dorkasoaurus but my friend is his son and he got me drinking the kool aid. Super motivating. Finally, Marianne Williamson's "A Course In Weight Loss" CD some people adore, I like it okay and some people I know have had huge success with it. Her book :Return to Love changed my life so I adore her and Course in Weight Loss" cd. Rent em all from the libraruy and listen in car or download to your cd. I am down 19 pounds in 3 weeks. Granted, I had a lot to lose. I am surpassing all the goals I set for myself- I don't believe in resolutions, I believe in setting intentions to make healthy lifestyle choices. Daily workouts are a non negotiable for me. I get one day off a week. I know how hard it is and how frustrating it is- look at me- Emerson is 13 months and I am STILL trying to lose the baby weight. But I know you can do it- do creative visuarlization (Shawti Gawain or google it), vision boards, inspiration book s for the traeadill, whateve it takes. And think about the LOST cost- what you will MISS OUT ON if you DON'T lose the weight. Thats one thing that always helps me. Good luck and reach out if you need anymore resources.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing with me!