Saturday, November 3, 2012

October's Bakin' Friends


** Note ** This was supposed to be posted on Halloween. Due to Hurricane Sandy- I was unable to get into my office and retrieve my camera so I could post the pictures. I meant to post the text (since my pictures kind of stink anyway) but time kind of got away from me. I apologize to Erin and Steph!


It's time for this month's installment of  Bakin' Friends, a baking swap called Bakin' Friends hosted by Stephanie of Steph's Bite by Bite. Each monthfeatures a new "secret ingredient" and different participant match ups. 

This month's secret ingredient was pumpkin. Although I've often indulged in pumpkin treats, I've never actually cooked with it- so I was eager to try it. I made Pumpkin Toffee Cookies- which you can read about over at Erin's blog The Spiffy Cookie

I was a bit dopey this month and totally forgot to let Steph know that I was in for the swap. Duhr. Luckily- Erin forgot as well so we were able to be paired up. 


I was so excited to receive my pumpkin treat from her- and they certainly lived up to my excitement. 


Wait until you taste these Pumkin Oreo Truffles- they are so unbelievably decadent, moist, chocolate-y and delicious. I've long been a fan of the traditional oreo truffles- made with cream cheese, but I'm a convert!





I have to apologize for the lack of pictures. My camera is on the fritz- only taking 1 or 2 pictures for every 20 I snap. :-(  I need to work on getting it fixed- in the meantime I may go out and buy a point and shoot, since I'd like to have one anyhow for quick pics on the go. (Recommendations, anyone?)



I totally brought these to work and left them there to keep them away from my husband (who happens to be an Oreo Truffle FIEND!) Best. Idea. Ever. I brought them home on Friday with about 8 left and he ate them all. In about 5 minutes. 

Anyway, the secret to these babies is subbing canned pumpkin puree for the cream cheese. The result is super moist and super rich and, I like to believe, super HEALTHIER!! I mean, pumpkin is a vegetable. A veggie in a dessert?! Genius!

Do yourself a favor and try these ASAP!

Pumpkin Oreo Truffles (courtesy of Erin at the Spiffy Cookie)

1 package Oreo Cookies
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 bars semi sweet baker's chocolate
Decorations/toppings (optional)

In a food processor, puree oreo cookies into fine crumbs. Add in pumpkin puree and pie spice and blend well. Shape into 1" balls and freeze on a lined cookie sheet for 15 minutes. Roll in melted chocolate using 2 forks and place back on baking sheet. Sprinkle with toppings if desired. 

Let me know what you think! 


Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing with me!